Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Little Boyish Charm...

I don't like wearing cocktail dresses...

To cocktail parties.

I don't like the stale concept of wearing a brightly hued or black polyester, tight, strapless and above-the-knee dresses with metallic or black strappy sandals. It's just too clichéd, expected and uncomfortable.

I'd much rather run to a classic, a favorite of mine—a sharply tailored tuxedo jacket, minus a tail because that is taking it too literally, too far. Of course it would be worn with an exquisitely louche blouse, preferably sheer, or a dainty, vintage-inspired corset underneath and without a doubt chancy platform heels.
ASB,
xoxxxo

5 comments:

  1. Love the sequined blazer! I love wearing dresses but when I am invited to parties when it is 30 degrees out I think twice on what to wear. This is a perfect choice for cold weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this blazer!!!! And I love your blog, definitely going to follow :)

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the perfect pick. A black tailored blazer with the lush shimmer of the sequins. It's subtle and sophisticated.

    www.arashmazinani.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...