Thursday, November 18, 2010

Some Things You Just Know


I used to be foolish and naive. I used to believe that everyone reached some point of ultimate happiness before they died. Before the lights shut off and it was over forever.

I used to believe that everyone's dreams eventually came true.

Childish, right?

Now I know that those are merely hopeful, innocent figments of my imagination. Finding happiness and living out your dreams isn't certain. It isn't assured. It isn't destined to everyone. To anyone. True happiness is a state of the mind that only the strong have the ability to possess. When I am around happy people, I get overwhelmingly sad because it is only then that I realize how truly unhappy I am.

But there is one thing that hasn't changed. There is one thing I still know and I still believe. I know that one day I will find happiness. I know that one day I will be living out my dreams. And it won't be because I'm one of the 'lucky' ones. Not because I'm one of the 'chosen' ones.

It will be because I believe it.

I don't know when, and I don't know how, but one day it's gonna happen for me. I can see it. I can feel it. I know it.
ASB,
xoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...